Friday, September 27, 2013

Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Soup from scratch

How this recipe came to be...I wanted something like I had before out in the world, but without all the additives etc. I searched and searched but nothing really seemed like it would work. Then I just decided to start somewhere.

I used my pressure cooker but you can use the stove and or combo of some sort.

Makes about 20 cups

Ingredients:

1 cup butter
1 tablespoon onion powder (or 1 1/2 small onions)
1 tablespoon of garlic powder (or use whole garlic cloves minced up)
3 heads of broccoli (I steamed mine in the pressure cooker to make it faster and soft)
6 cups of veggie stock (chicken would also work)
2 lbs of cheddar cheese
3 cups of whole milk
1 cup water
3/4-1 cup corn starch

Directions:

1. In your pressure cooker or pot, steam the broccoli.








2. Add butter and melt it, keep stirring (I kept the pressure cooker on simmer and did everything after steaming broccoli).







3. Add onion and garlic powder (if using raw, use some of the butter and saute them first).
4. Add milk slowly, mixing it up.








5. Add cheese in (if loaf cheese, cube it first), mix until melted.









6. Mix in a bowl corn starch and water, then stir into the soup.


















7. Keep stirring until it thickens up, about 10-15 min.
8. Serve and eat!



































Until later...







No comments:

Post a Comment