Thursday, January 28, 2016

Chocolate peanut butter mug cake

My youngest wanted me to make him something in a mug. He loves that he can pretty much make it himself and clean up is super easy. I like the fact that there isn't so much left over (although my hubby would love for there to be. 

My kids are on sugar restriction (one is allergic to sugar, the other well just to make my life easier only gets it every 5 days like the other). So I try to make it special when it does come to sugar day. Now they do have a choice of what they want, one wants candy the other cookies or whatever that is cool with me. Hence why I like the single serve mug things.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake

Ingredients

Dry:
1/4 cup AP Flour
tbls sugar
tbls unsweetened cocoa
1/4 tsp baking powder

Wet:
1/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp vanilla
2 tbls butter melted and cooled

Extras:
1 tbls peanut butter (can use creamy or crunchy)
1 tbls chocolate chips (mini or standard)

Directions

1. Put the dry ingredients into a small bowl, whisk until all combined.
2. Add wet ingredients and mix until fully combined.
3. Scrap the bowl and put it into a mug (we used a 12 oz mug with a napkin under it in case it overflowed, it didn't though).
4. Mix the extras together until combined and then drop it into the center of the mug, push it down until it is level or covered by the chocolate cake.
5. Microwave for 1 minute, allow to cool for a couple minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment