Friday, May 30, 2014

Chicken Salad Wraps

Kids are always complaining they don't want the same things over and over, well OK sometimes they do. I am not the adventurous type when it comes to eating. I was and am the PICKY eater. That being said, I have always encouraged my children to do the two bite rule or even just try something new. 


I came up with these Kid approved Chicken Salad Wraps (hubby approved too). I give a variety of options in the recipe. What I used this time was apples, cranberries  and celery. I put chips, pickles and carrots on the side. I also gave them a fruit snack. My kids are healthy eaters, and if they didn't SEE veggies (not just mixed in, oh and lots of them) they would have been griping! 


Chicken Salad Wraps

Ingredients:

1 cup shredded/cut up, cooked chicken
1/3 cup "something crunchy" (celery, apple, radishes, pickle slices or a combo)
1/4 cup mayonnaise/Veganaise (or plain yogurt)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 Wraps (you can use tortillas, buns, rolls, or whatever you have on hand)
Optional - Onions - 1 scallion or 1/4 small red onion, chopped

Directions:

Mix shredded/cut up chicken, the "something crunchy," and mayonnaise/Veganaise (or yogurt) together until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Evenly fill the wraps (can use buns, rolls, or whatever you have on hand) with the salad mix.


No comments:

Post a Comment