Friday, May 23, 2014

PB Banana Smoothie

I was looking for something to snazz up the lunches for the kids on Fridays. We are really tired of the hum drum same things. I came across a recipe for a PB Banana smoothie, personally I hate PB but my kids and hubby love it! I thought OK we shall see. While I was on her site, I came across smoothie frozen pop molds that are reusable! I was super excited! They look like the ones from the Jolly Llama my favorite frozen pop (which I am making on my own...in another post that will be coming up we will go over it). Kids and hubby enjoyed it immensely! (It went too fast, no pic right now. LOL)

Without further ado...

Ingredients:

1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup apple juice
1/3 cup peanut butter
1-2 bananas
1 cup frozen (or fresh**) berries (I used frozen strawberries)
**If using fresh berries use 1 to 1 1/2 cups of ice

(Optional) For fun you can add 1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream.

Instructions:

Use the smoothie option on your blender or blend up until mixed if you don't.

Serve cold!

Original Post: http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2010/06/11/recipe-pbj-smoothie/

To use the frozen pop molds, or any pop mold just pour it in and freeze!



Frozen pop molds:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0036B9KHO/?tag=100dayofreafo-20












No comments:

Post a Comment