Thursday, May 24, 2012

Mmmm mmmm good (read: exhausting! - but well worth it)

So the next day I set out to make food to feed ARMIES! I accomplished that...boy did I ever.

In total I ended up with 52 servings of waffles (2 per serving, 26 buttermilk and 26 vegan); 9 cups of chili; 9 cups of pinto beans; 6 lbs of ground beef cooked; some peppers and onions for fajita/taco kits and 18 tortillas (which were gobbled up before I could use them!).

I packed up the waffles, the chili (we ate some before I packed it too) and the beans (again some was eaten prior!). I packed up the ground beef up, using some for sauce, some for hot pockets and some for burrittos. The beans will be used for burrittos and just plain old beans and rice (YUMMY!). The peppers and onions we didn't use for fajitas were packed up.

I couldn't do the hot pockets, burrittos or sauces on Sunday because I ended up doing to much! I was caring for my youngest last week (he had the flu) and I think I might have gotten a bit of it. It seems to be gone no more fevers (started having them Monday morning...joy!). I have to do all my stuff between everything else...you know me time (what the heck is that?!) I mean THEM time. I think I will tackle the rest this weekend when they are gone doing baseball etc.

Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment