Saturday, May 19, 2012

No rest for the wicked...

I really wanted to get started and have some sense of accomplishment. So...

I started checking the freezer and pantry for what I had (did only the pantry earlier though). My number one tip to everyone is CLEAN the freezer(s) out first before buying. I was careful and knew what I had so what I will do is shop my freezer to help make meals. Another is make a prep list, recipe list, pantry list, freezer list and a shopping list. I know it seems overwhelming to someone new to this (remember I am a noob!), but you can do it!

I started the pinto beans soaking tonight, I am making my own pinto beans (and refried beans). I like knowing what is going in them and most of all I like the savings. Yes it does take a little work but the end result is sooo much better.

I am beat, I was suppose to rest and I didn't, so we shall see how tomorrow plays out. I started making my list of what I am going to make, I probably won't make enough for 30 of each (breakfast, lunch and dinner) but my goal is to have a good mix of each. I am doing waffles, burrittos, hot pockets, meat balls, taco kits, fajita kits, chili and sauces.

Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment